1/01/2009

COMING TO A CLOSE...

Our vacation is rapidly dissapating...there are only two days left until we are snatched from this comfortable existence and thrust back into the insanity of our daily lives.
I have had a blast...though I didnt paint the town red even at the encouragement of a variety of family friends... I have had a great time just taking it slow...
I have savored the warmth and loving vibe of Simon's friends and extended family and basked in the glow of his siblingss interaction with the children.
I have soaked up the sights, memorized the flavors of some of the best eats I've had in a while and have committed to never let such an expanse of time pass between visits ever again.
Simon says that this trip has made him more focused on the things we need to do in order to move forward...while I share that feeling of renewal, I have also become aware of the fact that I would like to travel more and make more of an effort to keep in contact with friends and family here...to keep the children connected to their Bajan roots as well as give them a broader view of the world... we have had a wonderful time and will no doubt take the memories of our visit with with us as we cross the threshold of our vacation back into our every day...

No comments: